Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chicken, Portobello Mushrooms, Mozzarella


I wanted something mild for my taste buds for lunch today so I thought I'd make something out of few ingredients I have at home.

I pan-fried a chicken breast that I pounded thinly and dusted with flour with a garlic-infused butter. Topped it with sauteed portobello mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Broiled for cheese to melt. And finally served with a pasta on the side.

I love to use the pastina not just for soups/stews as my side dish because I get to eat enough of my entree before getting stuffed with pasta. It's how I enjoy my food. I want to make room for the entire course I make. So a little of everything makes me happy.

I had the option of using Sundried tomato pesto or basil pesto but I went for basil pesto today. Either would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment